Friday 7 October 2011

Seitan and Kale!

For years, I've hunted for Gluten flour in order to make my own seitan. And I finally found some from the wonderful Kings Cross vegan boutique Vx (V-Cross).
Almost simultaneously, the curly kale we've been growing finally seemed ready to pick. So an extravagant and delicious meal was made from the two...

Firstly, fresh kale from the garden? Wow!


We got about 220g so far, which is more than a standard supermarket bag, and there should be more to come!



I've also been loving rainbow carrots lately. Not only do they look lovely (in fact the pale orange ones have stripy centres!), but the yellow ones are super sweet!




With these ingredients, I made fried seitan strips on a bed of kale, served with a tower of rice and garnished with roast apricot & ginger glazed carrot strips. Oh my!



Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment