Monday 10 October 2011

Pumpkin Goodness!

Lately, we finally harvested a pumpkin grown in our garden. And oh my, it was worth it.

First, I made Cream of Pumpkin soup, sweetened with a little carrot:













Next up, I made pumpkin croquettes by mixing pumpkin with margarine, a little soya milk, herbs and spices, powdered vegetable stock, 'Parmazano' non-dairy cheese style powder and some potato flakes to thicken.
I blended this mixture with a hand-blender, then formed them into quenelles with a couple of teaspoons, and coated them in a herby breadcrumb and baked them.


I served them with Sage & Marjoram veggie sausages on a bed of spinach, with a fresh red onion gravy.



Jen x

1 comment:

  1. No way it's 'pumpy' the pumpkin! :) haha. I forgot about him. That was actually excellent, I want u to make all those things again so I'll grow more pumpkins next year :)

    ReplyDelete