Now, there are endless energy ball recipes out there, but these are slightly different. They don't contain cocoa butter or coconut oil. Instead they use peanut butter as a cheaper and easier alternative, with a higher protein content.
These are also amazingly easy to make. Just throw the following in a blender, and blend on max. for a few minutes.
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbps) wholenut peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) ground linseed
- 1 Tbsp. dessicated coconut
- 1 Tbsp. date syrup
- 4 Tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tsp. mixed seeds
- 2 Tbsp. currants
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. unsweetened soya milk
- Pinch cinnamon & a few drops of vanilla extract
Stop and stir with a fork every 20 seconds or so. It should end up as a coarse crumbly paste.
Tip/scrape into a bowl. Then use your hands to squash and roll it into balls of about 2cm in diameter. Then roll in cocoa powder.