Sunday 24 April 2011

Vegan Quiche!

I've developed rather a backlog of things to post here, so expect several entries in a short space of time!

Firstly, after making cheeseless cheesecake, I figured I needed another similar challenge and went for eggless quiche!

It was basically a mixture of silken tofu and a soya cream, with turmeric, chopped chives, salt & pepper, chunks of 'gouda-style' cheezly and finely chopped vegetables, thickened with a little cornstarch. This was all mixed together and put on a base of shortcrust pastry in little silicone cake moulds, topped with a little more gouda-style cheezly, then baked for about 20-30 minutes.

Instead of normal 'single' soya cream, I used a special gratin cream I bought back from France. It's thicker and has a more savory taste.


The final quiches were absolutely delicious!


Mmmmmmmmm...

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment