Sunday 10 April 2011

More cake!

Once again, I have a lot to update about, but i'm going to start with another post about cake...because you can never have too much cake!

I made two over the last week or so; a classic vanilla sponge cake with raspberry jam and fondant icing for mothers' day, and a chocolate cake for my brothers birthday.

Firstly, the sponge cake.
I bought some ready-made fondant icing and added-in some food colouring.

I found some cute little moulds in a local vintage market and while I was using those to make cake decorations, my girlfriend was using the spare icing to make icing pigs, on their own little patch of grass!

I used a vaguely flower-shaped mould, and made little leaves too.

Ignore the writing, I messed it up somewhat :P but otherwise, here's what it ended up looking like:

When I made the other cake, i was planning to make cake pops, which involves tearing apart and crumbling a cake. But i accidentally made the most perfect cake i've ever seen and couldn't bring myself to do that!


So I iced it with a chocolate 'butter'cream icing and grated chocolate (dark, 'milk' and white):


Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment