In short: make these!
It's essentially just berries on bamboo skewers, drizzled with raw vegan chocolate. What's not to love?!
I love raw chocolate. It's like regular chocolate, only richer & fuller-flavoured. Plus, it melts at a lower temperature, so really melts in your mouth. Not to mention that it's free from refined sugar, and packed full of goodness. Who knew chocolate could be a health food?!
1. Thread your favourite berries onto bamboo skewers.
2. Make a simple raw vegan chocolate by stirring the following ingredients together thoroughly (seriously, that's it!)
- 3 Tablespoons (Tbsp.) raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. Lucuma powder
- 2 Tbsp. Fruit syrup (or agave nectar/date syrup)
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (tsp.) vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. melted cacao butter (or coconut oil, if you prefer)
To keep the chocolate from hardening, place the bowl of chocolate within a second bowl of warm/hot water.
3. Drizzle each berry kebab in plenty of chocolate. Sprinkle immediately with the decoration of your choice. I used goji berries, dessicated coconut and chia seeds. Then lay out on a tray or plate lined with greaseproof paper & leave to set. Ensure each kebab doesn't touch the next one. Refrigerate to set quicker, but remove from the fridge 10 mins before eating to get the fullest flavour.
4. Devour with reckless abandon.
If you have any leftover chocolate, pour it into chocolate/ice moulds & leave to set.