Monday 16 July 2012

Ginger Loaf Cake

A while ago, I saw a huge amount of ginger for a ridiculously cheap price. So I bought it and spent the next couple of weeks gorging on ginger-based goodness!

Here's the first of what I made:

Ginger Loaf Cake

I roughly used this recipe for proportions, but changed the butter for non-dairy margarine, the milk for unsweetened soya milk, and the egg for "No Egg". Of course, I also changed the dried ginger for about 3 tablespoons of fresh, peeled (and finely-chopped) ginger.
I also added a generous sprinkle of cinnamon and a pinch of ground nutmeg, and used golden syrup instead of treacle.
I also suggest cooking it for a little less than the recipe indicates.

This was so good that it only lasted a few hours in my house! So I made another...which didn't last much longer.


Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment