Tuesday 31 July 2012

Chocolate peanut butter cup-cakes

I made these today. They're like a cupcake version of Chocolate peanut butter cups and are as delicious as they sound!


I started by making my usual chocolate cupcakes, as follows...

Mix the following in a bowl:
  • 6oz plain flour
  • 6oz non-dairy margarine
  • 6oz white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons (tsps) white sugar
  • 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 2 level tsps egg replacer
  • 1.5 heaped tsps baking powder.
  • 1.5 cups unsweetened soya milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp chocolate extract (if you can find it!)
Stir/whisk thoroughly with a fork until it becomes a custard-like texture. Or, if you're feeling lazy, just throw it in a blender.

Fill cupcake cases 3/4 full and bake for approx. 25 minutes at 180°C.

Leave to cool on a wire rack.


Use a melon baller to scoop out a little bowl shape in each cupcake. Then fill this bowl with peanut butter. I used a mix of smooth and crunchy as I couldn't decide which would be best!
 

Cover with melted chocolate (I used plain) and refrigerate.
Try to resist them until they're set. Then devour!

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment